Sunday, May 04, 2008

Doctor's And Their Medication

The update on my visit to the MD concerning all of my lab work trying to figure out what is wrong with my immune system.....

First; they had done a lipid profile and my cholesterol was up some as well as the rest of the numbers. BAM... she hits me with "you need to take medication to lower your cholesterol." Wait a minute! Why can't I try altering my diet and doing just a little exercise? My husband was able to lower his cholesterol numbers by simply taking his lunch to work instead of eating out and he has stayed with his exercise routine.

With all of the stress of this past year my diet has been horrible and I gave my pilates ball to my best friend and have not blown up my new one. She was insistent that I go on the medication but, with me being me, I am going the diet and exercise route for the next month and see if it makes any difference in the lipid profile numbers. If it doesn't, then I will take the medication.

As for the immune system issue; the MD she referred me to for this is an "allergist and immunologist." Most of my blood levels were within normal limits and the few that were not were, in his words "close enough to normal to be considered normal." I don't know why that didn't apply to the lipid panel. His solution, sit down for this one.... take an allergy pill everyday.

I just about fell off of my chair. 5 years on IV antibiotics because of hospital acquired MRSA, I catch every bug, every cut becomes a major staph infection and an allergy pill everyday is going to make everything ok. I told him that essentially the doctor's created this MRSA problem so why aren't they working diligently on curing all of the complications that go along with having it such as long term IV antibiotic therapy and the immune system. Of course he had no response to that.

I am going to check around for some clinical trials and also seek homeopathic help with this. I am just so frustrated with the whole mess that I could spit bullets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great choice that you have made. I'm glad you choose not to take medication and take the diet plus exercise route.

It's been years I didn't have any medication and still manage to be healthy and going out for business activities everyday even I'm close to retire age.

To lower your cholesterol, simply take less meat, carb, sleep well and exercise consistently. This is what I always told my client when they have any health problems or coming for colon cleansing. It's very important for everyone to have a healthy daily habit.

I would like to suggest or recommend you to look out for a nutritionist or a colon therapist like me. They will help you to be healthy and not taking more medicine. You can email me for support too (Elaine [AT] colonhydrotherapyguide [Dot] com). However, my contribution might be limited because I can't see you face to face.

Hope you will take my advice and be healthy soon. Thanks for sharing. I like your blog.

Unknown said...

like your site - i had a similar experience with failed back surgery - now became a chiropractor

see my blog:
www.doctorjp.blogspot.com

john